Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Typical Week

I don't make much money. I would probably shock you if I told you how little I make and still manage to live in one of the most expensive areas of the country. But despite this, I rarely feel like I'm really suffering when it comes to food. (I once did. I call those the Black Beans for Every Meal years).

This summer has been a bit rough because literally half of my students have been on vacation. I've had to get pretty creative with resources. The past week or so I've been feeling pretty proud about my awesome repurposing of leftovers. I haven't felt like I've been eating the same thing over and over because I used the leftovers as ingredients in other meals and everything's been pretty tasty.

So this week, I'm going to document the large meals I make, and then the "reincarnations" of those leftovers. Hopefully it will give people ideas of how to make leftovers more appealing.*

*I didn't realize until fairly recently that "Not liking leftovers" was a thing. Over the course of a couple of weeks, I heard people say things like "Oh, he won't eat leftovers," or "I just don't like leftovers," and I was baffled. I mean... you liked it the first time, right? And it tastes the same (or even better!) the next day, right? I'm confused. It's like someone saying "Oh, I really hate the direction left," or "I'll only eat off triangular plates." Whatever. People are weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment