Sunday, January 29, 2012

Welcome!

As a person of small financial means, I'm always looking for delicious, inexpensive recipes. I've been a vegetarian for decades & I'm too much of a food snob to be satisfied with "random gray things over rice," but finding middle ground is difficult.

In the past couple of years I've I had to cut wheat out of my diet, and, so as not to be That Guy who can't eat anything at a restaurant, I decided to add the occasional seafood item, so recipes here will be wheat-free*, mostly vegetarian, but might include a bit of seafood now & then.

I'm also going to include a cost-per-serving on each recipe because sometimes that's been a big deciding factor in what I'm going to make that night & surely I'm not the only one. I make a good amount of Indian food so some of these recipes might involve a trip to your local South Asian grocery store to stock up on some spices you might not already have on hand, which will be a small investment up front, but I'm aiming to keep these at a few dollars per serving.

So stay tuned. I hope to start adding recipes soon!

*A note to gluten-free folks: While I can't eat wheat, I do seem to be able to tolerate small amounts of fermented wheat products like bourbon & soy sauce, so as printed, these may not be entirely wheat-free, but I will try to make note where substitutions can be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment